Saturday, April 16, 2011

Dinner at my place.

Have you ever wondered what I eat? If I can't have fruits, most veggies, whole grains, and no sugar. What does that leave? Mostly Meat and dairy. And I, personally, can't do much dairy. So that doesn't leave me with all that much. I can, however, eat meat. All kinds of meat. And potatoes. Well, ok, only one kind of potato really. But I did make this for dinner.

A beef brisket. Seasoned with only salt and pepper. It literally melted in my mouth. All I did was put it in a roaster pan with the lid on half submerged in water for about 2 hours.

A side of Hot Crash Potatoes. These were a real big hit!

Russet potatoes, quartered and boiled in salted water. Then you smear olive oil all over the pan, smoosh the pieces skin-side-down, then paint with more olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake at 350 deg for 25 minutes. Even my husband liked it. He isn't usually so enthusiastic about my cooking. He even told other people about it.

Sorry the picture isn't too clear. I haven't figured out this camera yet. I also didn't take a picture of the bread I found or the dip I made. I found some sugar free (or so it said) bread at Wal Mart. It wasn't too bad, but I will remember to make my own from now on. The dip was awesome. My husband loved that too. Half a bag of spinach all ground up in the food processor mixed with sour cream and salt. We dipped our bread in it. Oh Yummmm.

It was so good. I will definitely make that again.

Next will be an adventure as a I make a birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment