Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Meatloaf, My family's favorite.

First, I would like to say, if you dont have one of these things, you need to get one!
I love mine. I dont have to hurt when I make meatloaf. I used to have to mix it with my hands and the coldness would make my bones hurt all the way up to my shoulders. It was painful to make my favorite food. The mixer does it all for me. I just pour it in and turn it on. Makes meatloaf like magic.


I did use the mixer attachment here. Since then I have made bigger batches and decided the dough hook was better for this.



Simple ingredient list: Hamburger, eggs, crackers, and salt and pepper. Sometimes I add cheese. I just use regular saltine crackers. I do read the labels to make sure that they have little or no sugar in them.

For 1 pound of burger I use 3 eggs. We just like it better that way. Then I will add half a stack of saltines all crumbled up.


It mixes it up so nice!




Heat the oven to 300 or 350. Bake for an hour or more, depending on how much burger you used. I use a meat thermometer to test to see if it is done. You can put it in a bread loaf pan, or just form it into a loaf in a baking pan. I just shove it on a cast iron skillet or in the dutch oven uncovered. It tastes real good if you put a layer of bacon on the bottom or on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment